Why Choose Fiberglass Windows?
For some, fiberglass windows offer the best of both worlds: the energy efficiency of wood windows and the durability of vinyl. But those are not the only reason that fiberglass windows are popular with homeowners. In terms of aesthetics, maintenance and value, fiberglass windows offer many benefits.
How fiberglass replacement windows compare to other types of windows:
- They are more durable than both wood and vinyl windows.
- They tend to be more expensive than vinyl but less expensive than wood windows.
- They withstand damage from extreme weather better than both wood and vinyl windows.
- They are exceptionally durable—they don’t rot or crack the way wood can, and they don’t warp or sag the way vinyl can.
- They are extremely energy efficient—comparable to both vinyl and new wood windows.
- They’re virtually maintenance-free.
In fact, except for those who are eager to have the elegant, distinctive look of wood in their homes, many homeowners find that new and replacement fiberglass windows can fit their needs quite nicely.
Fiberglass, which is made from glass fibers and resins, also uses less energy and creates less waste during the manufacturing process, making it an environmentally friendly window choice for those homeowners who aren’t only looking for energy efficiency but who are also concerned with overall sustainability.
Finally, a nice benefit of choosing fiberglass windows is that they come in clad wood options that offer the look of wood without the maintenance and upkeep issues.
Types of Fiberglass Windows
Different manufacturers carry fiberglass windows with different color and style options. Typically, however, classic colors like white, tan, gray brown and black are readily available, as are all popular window styles, including double-hung windows, picture windows, sliding windows, garden windows, bay windows, bow windows, and egress windows.
Our Fiberglass Window Installation Services
If you need replacement or new fiberglass windows for your home, we can help. We have nearly 30 years of experience installing fiberglass, vinyl and wood windows in Milwaukee and throughout the area.
Call us today at (414) 840-5211 for a free estimate.